Every year, the market for commercial kitchen equipment keeps growing. But, shelling out large amounts on replacing these expensive machines can be avoided.
Globally, the commercial kitchen equipment market is worth over $100 billion. That’s because new restaurants are being launched every day and they need the best kitchen equipment to thrive and compete with other businesses.
In a way, these machines dictate the success of food businesses, allowing owners to store and sell food items with ease. Some of the most used commercial kitchen equipment in Sydney include –
Commercial refrigerators that allow food business owners to stop their food items and ingredients from spoiling. Some businesses even have walk-in coolers to accommodate large stocks of food items. It would be impossible for a bar owner to operate without a commercial bar fridge.
- Commercial grills allow food business owners to prepare multiple servings separately and simultaneously.
- Ovens for cooking specific types of dishes such as pizza ovens are used for specifically cooking pizzas.
- Other important types of commercial kitchen equipment include deep-fryers, safety equipment, dishwashers, etc.
Foodservice hygiene is the duty of all professionals who execute important functions such as storing, preparing, servicing, and transporting food items.
Regular cleaning of equipment such as a commercial bar fridge helps businesses promote maximum hygienic conditions. All food businesses must have strict cleaning principles to avoid risks like –
- Food poisoning: If the kitchen equipment of a food business is plagued by harmful bacteria, pathogens, or other forms of germs, it can cause customers to suffer from food poisoning. Regular cleaning eliminates the favourable conditions that trigger the growth of these microorganisms.
- Intoxication: Commonly caused by Staphylococcus bacteria, consumers get affected by this disease when food workers don’t pay scrupulous attention to their personal hygiene (e.g., avoiding hand washing).
- Infection: Salmonella bacteria thrives in unrefrigerated food items. Improper storage conditions and poor handling of foods can contaminate kitchen equipment and cookware with this bacterium.
Once customers start suffering from such ailments, the reputation of the food business plummets. In a way, regular cleaning of commercial kitchen equipment is vital to the business’s survival!
Cleaning Commercial Kitchen Equipment
Running a kitchen that contains expensive equipment like a commercial bar fridge or a multi-door commercial refrigerator, isn’t easy. Regardless of the difficulties, kitchen managers need to prioritize the routine clean-up of these machines.
Regular maintenance of commercial kitchen equipment in Sydney promotes hygiene, ensures enhanced functionality of the machines, and helps the machines stay functional for longer periods. Expert kitchen managers create a specific routine of cleaning these machines –
- Daily cleaning, instead of waiting for these machines to get dirty.
- Ensuring no sticky residues, pieces of food, stains, etc. are present on these machines at the end of each cooking session. Or else, these stains start corroding the surfaces of these tools.
- Using non-chemical cleaning agents to ensure the quality of high-grade stainless-steel (most commercial kitchen equipment is made of stainless-steel) doesn’t suffer.
- Avoid reusing sponges as dirty sponges can contaminate everything they’re touched with.
- Avoid using harsh cleaning tools like metal-based scouring pads that can damage sensitive kitchen equipment.
After the daily cleaning routine, all kitchenware, electric appliances, etc. must be sanitized with hot water and food-grade sanitizers to avoid bacterial infestations.