Among the varied options of flooring available today, none is more sophisticated and luxurious than natural stone. Some of the common natural stone flooring options are slate, limestone, granite, travertine, sandstone, and marble. You need to understand the features of natural stone tiles in Sydney before choosing the right option. When shopping for natural floor tiles, you need to consider the following.
Tackling high foot traffic
The natural stone tiles Sydney you choose must be time-tested. Most flooring options you choose today, whether slate, travertine, granite, or marble, are prone to wear and tear due to high foot traffic. Therefore, you need to check the capacity of restoration of natural stone before choosing it for flooring options. Here is what you need to know.
- Slate has a beauty of its own but its uneven nature makes it inappropriate for refinishing and restoration.
- Marble is sturdy and dense, making it suitable for resisting wear and tear due to high foot traffic.
- The hardness of marble floors makes them suitable for refinishing when compared with the other natural stones.
- Granite is another hard and durable material for resisting high foot traffic.
How and what to consider
Just because you prefer natural stone tiles in Sydney, you need to keep a few things in mind before choosing an option.
- Although the natural stone tiles resonate with different materials, styles, and designs, you need to know where to use them before ordering.
- You must never approach the DIY option for installing natural stone tiles as the skills of experts make the work perfect.
- You need to follow an accurate and detailed plan of the things you need to do or discuss the options with your professional designer.
- You can get recommendations about how combining different stones can impact the design of your floor.
- Using a special design software of professional companies allow you to envisage the final effect before installing natural stone tiles Sydney.
- You need to decide on a budget before starting any work. However, you need to stay a bit flexible with the budget so that you can install tiles in accordance with your needs.
- You can also ask your family and co-workers about the performance of natural stone tiles in Sydney so that you can figure out some of the aspects that no one else may know.
- Among travertine, limestone, granite, marble, and sandstone, you are sure to find several common features, such as longevity and durability.
- You need to study the specification of each natural stone before choosing the floor tiles.
Color and size
The natural stone flooring comes in a variety of colors, so you can choose any shade to suit your style. Apart from this, you must check the size of the stone based on your needs. While colors and patterns of stones are to be taken into consideration but translucent stones offer the best value.
Choose the best option
When it comes to choosing natural stone tiles Sydney, marble tops the choice in terms of luxury and durability. The glossy surface finish of marble reflects light and makes spaces bright. On the other hand, people preferring industrial look can choose granite and slate when replacing the concrete floors. Finally, you can choose limestone and travertine if you want to bring back the old times.